How To Rotate Video In VLC On Mac


Yesterday, I decided to play an Indian movie dvd on my Macbook Pro running Mac Os El Capitan. I launched the VLC media player on my Mac, opened the disc, only to see the movie displaying vertically. After playing with VLC settings, I was able to rotate the video by flipping it horizontally. So, follow me through as I explain how to rotate video in vlc on mac.
 will assume you have downloaded and installed VLC for Mac. You can download VLC player at www.videolan.org or at Filehippo.com
Now, launch the VLC media player and open the video you want to rotate.
Go to “Window” > “Video Effects”
Click on the “Geometry” tab
Select “Transform” and select the transformation type from the drop-down. You can try “flip horizontally”

rotate video in vlc player for mac
Alternatively,
Open the video you want to rotate.
Go to VLC > Preferences
When the Preferences window opens, click the “Show All” button
Go to Video > Filters > Transformation
In the Transformation drop-down, select the transform type. You can try “flip horizontally”

vlc media player video rotation setting
Click Save.
I hope this helps.
NB : I used VLC version 2.1.5 Rincewind

ABOUT VLC MEDIA PLAYER

VLC media player is a free and open source media player, encoder and streamer made by the volunteers of the VideoLAN community. It has millions of users worldwide on PC, Mac, and Linux. It’s great because it supports so many different video formats.


Nwogu Chimex

Nwogu Chimex

I am A Passionate Gentle Blogger, Programmer, Writter and Web Developer.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

No comments
add a comment

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are not written by the owner, therefore, the blog owner will not be liable for any comment made by readers.

Comments are being moderated and may take seconds to be published.

Your comment(s) are appreciated.